As the word “Ayurvedic” strikes our mind, almost every one of you might think that it’s absolutely safe. Being used in our countries for ages, ayurvedic herbs are a kind of medicinal plant that have multiple health benefits and have minimum or no side effects. There are a number of attractive hair care products available outside the market. As a result, we tend to get inclined toward them without realizing about the harmful chemicals they might be having in their composition. Rather than boosting your hair growth, you may even start experiencing hair fall or other such issues.
In case you have been undergoing the same, you can start to use some beneficial ayurvedic herbs such as Brahmi, Aloe Vera, Amla, and so on. Preparing their oil or using them as conditioners can show a significant change in your hair’s health. Your scalp and follicles would also get proper nutrition which would increase your hair length. In fact, including biotin gummies or similar supplements that are organic can also be effective in improving the health of your hair.
With this, you should now move further to know about the multiple ayurvedic herbs and their preparation in enhancing your hair quality and length:
Shikakai, scientifically known as Acacia concinna is an old Ayurvedic treatment to treat hair loss and thinning. It is rich in vitamins that include vitamins A, C, D, and E. The essential oils present in shikakai can help strengthen and condition hair to reduce frizz.
Shikakai also has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial qualities that improve the general condition of your scalp. A variety of organic shampoos and serums which contain shikakai extracts are on the market today and are a great alternative to the usual shampoo and hair conditioner.
- Mix two tablespoons of each Shikakai powder, Reetha powder, and Amla powder.
- After this add some amount of water to form a paste. Apply the hair mask to your hair and scalp. Let it dry for 30 minutes prior to washing it off using mild shampoo.
Rosemary is a herb that is used in many different ways. It has antioxidant compounds known as caffeic acid and rosmarinic acid that aid in hair thickening and growth. You can also find readymade rosemary hair products in shops. Be sure to purchase genuine and organic products that are free of harmful chemicals.
- Add a few drops of rosemary oil with a carrier oil of your choice such as olive, almond, coconut, etc. and apply this mixture to your hair and scalp every week.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of rosemary oil into an empty conditioner bottle.
Brahmi or Bacopa monnieri is a medicinal herb widely used in Ayurveda. The plant is identified by the tiny purple flowers and typically grows close to water bodies, such as rivers or streams. Brahmi is a source of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, and regenerative qualities that could benefit your hair.
It can aid to eliminate dandruff and boost hair growth. You should intake less than five grams of Brahmi daily to boost hair growth. Brahmi oil is a great oil to apply directly to the scalp using an oil carrier such as almond oil, or coconut oil.
- Blend 1 teaspoon of Brahmi Oil with some tablespoons of your favourite carrier oil.
- Then massage this blend of oils all over your hair and scalp.
- Lastly, rinse your hair with shampoo after letting it stay for one or two hours.
Fenugreek is an organic hair growth booster found in a variety of countries around the globe. Fenugreek seeds aid in increasing your hair’s growth and also treat scalp inflammation and infections. They are present in a variety of natural hair care products. The consumption of fenugreek seeds of around 1,200 mg per day can result in an impressive increase in hair thickness and growth.
- Mix fenugreek oils with any carrier oil. Apply the oil mixture directly to the scalp and hair to treat dandruff as well as hair loss.
- Create an organic fenugreek conditioner by making fenugreek seeds overnight. Then, grind them in the morning until you have a paste. Apply the paste to your hair. Let it sit for 20 mins before rinsing it.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a healing plant that is utilized all over the world to treat a variety of health issues. It is a rich source of nutrients, including Vitamins C, E, and B12 as well as folic acid. It also has numerous antioxidant and hydrating properties.
Aloe vera is the solution to all hair problems since it deep-conditions the hair, replenishes it , strengthens it, increases its thickness, as well as boosts the levels of keratin. It also aids in fighting scalp and dandruff infections.
- Combine aloe vera gel and coconut oil and make intense conditioning for your hair. It is possible to apply this conditioner at least once each week for hair that is smooth, strong and bouncy hair.
- Make use of a drop of aloe vera gel to use as a conditioner to leave into your hair and scalp. This will hydrate and cleanse the scalp.
- Combine Aloe Vera gel with rose water to clean your hair and help treat dandruff. You can then clean it off using warm water.
Amla, also known as Indian gooseberry is an old hair-thickening treatment in India. It helps to darken your hair, which eventually assists in preventing premature greying and promotes hair growth. It also decreases the appearance of dandruff. Amla is a potent antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties that improve the health of your scalp. It is high in iron and vitamin C, both of which can promote hair growth.
- Amla is a food that can be eaten in a direct way through your daily diet each day. It can be cooked in curries or stir-fried, or eaten raw, with honey, sugar, etc.
- You can even make an amla tonic that will increase the strength of your hair’s roots. For doing so, you need to infuse dried amla with water for at least a night. Then use this water for washing your hair the next morning.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the amla oil with 1 tablespoon of your chosen carrier oil and apply the oil mixture onto your hair and scalp. Further, rinse it off within an hour or two. This activity aids in deep conditioning the hair.
Jatamansi or Nardostachys jatamansi is a tree which has roots and rhizomes that are utilized to promote hair growth. Rhizomes of Jatamansi serve to produce oils for hair that aid in the growth of hair and combat scalp and hair dryness.
- Add a few drops of jatamansi oils with the carrier oil of your choice.
- The oil mix should be applied to your hair and scalp.
- Clean it up after around 25-30 minutes.
Incorporating the above-provided ayurvedic herbs in your hair care routine can show an improvement by boosting its growth and its quality. These herbs can also be used in the form of a conditioner with almost negligible side effects. Being organic, you do not need to think about their safety. Thus, we hope that you will be able to get rid of your hair issues and make it prettier and healthier. Some vegetarian hair gummies would also be better for your hair growth procedure.
However, choosing the best can be your ultimate concern. Hence, you can surely rely upon the “Gorgeous Hair & Nails” gummies. These gummies are not only vegetarian but also gluten and gelatin free. They have been nutritionally packed with Biotin, Zinc, and Vitamins A to E. Chewing just two of them during the day would gradually enhance your hair health and make your hair shiny and beautiful.