Memory foam pillow is becoming more and more popular – but are they really that good for you? Read this article to find out!
Memory foam is a dense synthetic material that is making of visco-elastic foam. Invented over half a century ago by NASA. When it’s heat and pressure is apply from the body, it provides optimal support and then springs back to its original shape when not in use. Memory Foam Pillows are orthopedic pillows and these keep your head and neck at the right angle and provide optimum support and balance to the body. Let us look on some other benefits.
Why you need to bring home orthopedic memory foam pillows?
- Memory foam helps relieve pressure on the spine, reducing your risk of developing back pain.
- It distributes your weight evenly on the down and side of the pillow so you’ll be able to get a better night’s sleep.
- Shredded memory foam pillows are emerging as heroes in the anti-insomnia fight.
- These are the most comfortable pillows on the market, because they are making with bamboo. Unlike conventional pillows, which are pleasant when initially purchased but sink and lose form with time, these pillows will retain their shape.
- If you suffer from allergies or asthma. An allergy-friendly memory foam pillow is a good choice for you to sleep on. Memory foam is synthetic material that naturally inhibits the growth of microbes such as fungus. And dust mites – making it a safer and hygienic choice for everyone.
- Wash the cervical memory foam pillow. The long-lasting foam can survive the use of a home washing machine and dryer. Wash away any dirt, pet hair, and mites with a damp cloth…
Remember that any pillow is closely related to our sleep – so making sure you have the right orthopedic pillow for a good night’s sleep.
How to Pick Memory Foam Pillows
Memory foam pillows are making from a material that is conform to the shape of the body. This type of pillow provides even pressure on all parts of your head. And reduces normal neck, back, and shoulder pain. Although memory foam is more expensive than traditional pillows. It is worth the extra cost because you will use it for many years. Try Sleepsia memory foam pillow benefits for best results including durability and flexibility.
Does Memory Foam Help with Restless Legs Syndrome?
Memory foam has been used in many products, including mattresses, best memory foam pillow India, and on the bottom of shoes to prevent the feet from feeling the hard ground or sharp objects. Since its introduction to science in the late 1970s. Memory foam has been studied for its uses in treating insomnia and restless leg syndrome.
Do Cervical Pillows Make a Difference?
Some studies counsel that a pillow that’s a smart cervical memory foam pillow that provides good support will facilitate relief of neck pain and enhance rest. whereas the pillow could be a major side, your sleeping position is a few things that ensure applicable rest. we’ve got one thing for every kind of individual who sleeps in varied positions. It does not matter whether or not you sleep on your back, stomach, or sides; there’s a pillow for you all.
The main thought method is that no matter the position you sleep in, your pillow ought to be able to maintain the form of your spine. Refer below to grasp how:
- Back sleepers: If you like sleeping on your back you definitely want your neck to have appropriate support, but you don’t like it all propped up. You can even opt for a roll-shaped pillow under your neck. Imagine a good night’s sleep with a soft, flat pillow that is good for your neck and you feel no stiffness in the morning? Yes, you can have that!
- Side sleepers: While sleeping, we always have in our subconscious to keep our back straight and maintain a good posture to support our back’s position. Get free from these thoughts and focus on your sleep instead. It’s only advisable to invest in the right neck support. A good neck support pillow is one that is higher under the neck than the head. It is thick enough to hold your head up and also firm enough that your head doesn’t simply sink into it. A cervical pillow will prevent unnatural bending in the neck.
- Stomach sleepers: Here your neck does not need support instead the thing to look for is your spine position. Keep your spine as straight as possible.
- Sleeper on the go: If you are the kind of person who is infected by travel bugs and is always on the go. You probably doze off on planes or go on road trips etc. Consider a horseshoe-shaped pillow. It may be the best choice for you to support your neck.
Cervical Memory Foam Pillow and Neck Pain
A cervical memory foam pillow can be the best pick to eliminate neck pain. The cervical pillow ensures to keep your neck properly aligned. The cervical pillow maintains a cervical curve while you sleep on your back while allowing your muscles and ligaments to relax and regain their normal length.
The pillow improves your posture by relieving and relaxing tense muscles in your neck and shoulders due to an increased blood flow to your head. Snoozing off on the wrong pillows can be the reason for poor neck posture.
A wrong pillow means you will have neck pain and that means a gloomy day ahead.
The stiffness of the muscles in the neck and shoulders can be seen and poor blood circulation can result in arm or hand numbness and headaches. Shoulder and arm pain originate as a result of pain in the lower cervical spine.
Now, look at your pillow, what kind is it? Is it a contour memory foam pillow or an ordinary one? Bouncy or firm? Does it have the appropriate height? There are so many questions to ask. Yet, the main purpose is that your pillow maintains the natural alignment and position of your body, which is the key to a goodnight’s sleep.
Memory foam pillows are one of the best options for most people. After looking at all of the available research, most experts agree. That memory foam pillows are more beneficial for those with chronic neck pain or arthritis rather than general soreness.
Memory foam pillows provide pressure relief and provide support for the neck, back, and shoulders. And, they do not come without any risks. Memory foam pillow is known to trap bacteria that can cause allergies or infections in some people.
If you’re unsure about whether to buy a best memory foam pillow, it’s recommended to use it for some time and see the difference in a night’s sleep.