This unusual question of many users of peer-peer payment apps is to send or transfer money between two apps. One such query is how to send money from Venmo to Paypal. Well, you will get to know everything about it in this article. You will know exactly how to send money and much more. Venmo and PayPal both these peer-to-peer money transfers offer the same services, so they are usually considered rivals.
Venmo is one of the most widely used digital payment apps owned by PayPal; it allows users to share and receive money from one another and make purchases at an approved merchant using a mobile app. Recently PayPal revealed that Venmo has more than 40 million registered users. Popularly Venmo is a social network where you can like and comment on other people’s payments to who and what your friends are spending.
Send money from Venmo to PayPal- Is it Possible?
Now you have some basic details about Venmo and PayPal, so now the question is how to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal. Unfortunately, there is no direct route when transferring funds from one to the other. Despite having similar features to PayPal and Venmo, the two platforms aren’t connected to allow direct money transfers between one another’s accounts.
But don’t feel discouraged because there is an alternative way to send money. You need to attach the same bank account on Venmo and PayPal, transfer money from PayPal to the bank account, and add money to Venmo. So you need a single bank account linked to each service.
How to send money from Venmo to PayPal?
When sending money from PayPal to Venmo, there is no vice-versa; there is no direct route because both these platforms are not connected. So there alternative here is to link a common bank account and then move money into each other.
To get started, you will need Venmo and PayPal accounts in the same name as your (US-based) bank account. This is to succeed with both PayPal and Venmo. So let’s first of all link a common bank account:
1. Set up a bank account, and link it with your PayPal or Venmo accounts.
- Use the PayPal mobile app to link a bank account
- Make two small deposits by entering your online banking information
- Go to your Venmo Account, click on Setting, and then select Payment Methods
- Choose to add a bank card or card, and then choose your verification method.
2. Once both bank accounts are linked, log in to Venmo and select Bank. Enter the amount you wish to transfer.
3. Select the option that you prefer: Instant or 1-3 Business, then click Transfer
4. Next, log back into your PayPal account and then go to the Transfer Money option. You will then see your bank account linked with Venmo or PayPal when you select add money to your Balance.
5. Select the bank account you wish to use and click Add. In 3-5 working days, the money will be in your PayPal wallet.