QuickBooks is the best software to manage business accountancy digitally. If you are running a small and medium-size business organization and are confused to choose the best software. Then you can easily go for the QuickBooks application. Even a non-technical person can also work on QuickBooks. Besides its advanced technicality, it also holds some bugs which affect the productivity of the program. One such issue is QuickBooks Error H202, which occurs when users try to switch into multi-user mode.
In this article, we will guide you on how to purge the QuickBooks Error H202 server 2012. Make sure to read the complete blog to understand the depth of the error code.
Do you know about QuickBooks Error H202?
Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is the best software for all business-related queries. Sometimes users face an unwanted error that can affect the ongoing task of the program. QuickBooks Error H202 is one of those errors, which occurs when users try to switch into multi-user mode. To resolve this problematic issue, users must run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
What causes QuickBooks Error H202?
The error code doesn’t allow the user to access the company file. It is a technical issue that occurs when the workstation fails to connect with the company. There are various reasons which trigger this error. The error code comes along with an error message that says, “You are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer. (H202)”
Let’s discuss the common reasons behind this error.
- The error can occur when the configuration setting of QuickBooks Hosting is wrong.
- Users may encounter the error when a firewall setting is creating a blockage in server communication.
- Error H202 due to some conflict between the DNS server.
- Improper internet connection could also be the reason.
- The incorrect DNS setting could also be the reason.
- Incase the QuickBooks database server is damaged.
- If QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
- If there is any security software that is creating a blockage in server communication.
- Maybe there are inoperative QuickBooks services or damaged service components.
- An outdated version of QuickBooks could also be the reason.
- The error may occur when the QuickBooks Error H202 port is missing.
- Maybe the error can occur because of the wrong setting of proxy and server name.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H202
- You won’t be able to switch into multi-user mode.
- Your system may freeze for a couple of seconds.
- Sometimes can also become inactive; hence it will not respond.
- QuickBooks Error H202 will pop up on the screen repeatedly.
- You will face a network path problem.
- Users will not be able to open the company file in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks will not respond appropriately.
- QuickBooks current file will automatically get closed.
You might also look: 5 Key Benefits of Cashless Transactions
Resolve QuickBooks Error H202 Permanently
QuickBooks offers multiple features to run a business smoothly. Besides its advanced features, it also holds some errors which affect the on-going work task. QuickBooks Error H202 appears on the screen when users try to switch to multi-user mode. The error may occur due to multiple reasons, but the most common reason is incorrect settings of hosting configuration. The error won’t allow you to open the company file. If you want to fix QuickBooks Error H202 permanently, make sure to read the complete article.
Best Way to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202 switching to multi-user mode
- Download and install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- You must run the tool and make sure to scan the company file.
- When the tool run, the IP address will be shown; take a note of it.
- Make sure to enable the ports in the firewall Status section, which have the Open Ports Button.
- Follow the prompt wizard instructions carefully.
- Finally, check if the error remains. Follow the next solution if the error doesn’t get resolved.
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now press CTRL+J and go to the browser downloaded list once the tool hub gets downloaded.
- Click on QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- When the installation gets accomplished, you must open this tool from the desktop.
- Double-click on QuickBooks Tool Hub to open it.
- Choose the network issues tab and click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on start scan if the company file location is correct.
- Now, QuickBooks Database Server Manager will repair your firewall.
- Once the repair process gets accomplished, click on the close button.
- Make sure to update QuickBooks software to the latest version.
- After that, download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Next, run QuickBooks File Doctor and it will detect the issues and get them to rectify immediately.
- At first, close the QuickBooks application on all the computers.
- Now, open the company file folder on the server computer.
- Further, you must search and select .TLG file associated with your QuickBooks File having QuickBooks Error H202 while opening it.
- Select Rename option by right-clicking on .TLG file.
- To rename the file prefix OLD before the file name and press enter.
- Try the same steps for. ND file as well.
- You must close the QuickBooks Company File Folder.
- Now the. ND and .TLG file will be automatically created when you open the company file again.
- To proceed, open the company file again while holding the alternate key down till the file opens up.
In this article, we have discussed the process of resolving QuickBooks Error H202. We also provided you the reasons and symptoms of the error. Hopefully, you must be able to resolve the error code by following the complete article.