QuickBooks is an excellent bookkeeping software that helps track sales and manages financial records. The software executes seamless accounting and other monetary tasks. The user can follow the cash flow of the business, which makes it easy to track the profit & loss. Even with all these abilities, the software is still vulnerable to internal errors that most users are unaware of. 15101 QuickBooks Update error emerges in the software when users try to update payroll or the software itself. If you came across a similar issue in your QuickBooks, this blog has everything you need to know about the error and some easy methods to resolve it.
If you find this complex, contact our QB support team at 1-855-948-3646to let them handle the troubleshooting.
About the error
It is an update error that develops while you try to update QuickBooks or download payroll updates. It indicates a failed connection between the software and Intuit servers. The software should have a consistent internet connection while the update is in progress. Any lapse or break in the connection will cause the update process to crash, and error codes will appear on your screen. You may also experience a software crash a few seconds after.
The factors which are most influential in the occurrence of this error are mentioned below-
- The network connection you use on your system isn’t capable enough to provide the required internet speed for running QuickBooks.
- Firewall/Antivirus has blocked QuickBooks from connecting to the internet.
- QuickBooks cannot access some essential program files due to restrictions because of the folder permissions.
You may read also : QuickBooks Update Error 15243
The methods that are effective in rectifying this error from QuickBooks are mentioned below-
Solution 1- Grant special rights to QuickBooks by running it in Admin mode
Using the QuickBooks in Administrator mode provides many privileges to the software. It won’t be blocked from accessing certain files or connecting to the internet. It will also be given priority amongst other applications, and the background QB processes will run without interference. Use the steps below to run QuickBooks in Administrator mode-
- Open the search panel from your Taskbar or access it through the Windows Start button if it is not present in your Taskbar.
- Type ‘QuickBooks’ in the search panel, but don’t open the software.
- Right-click on the icon of QuickBooks and select Run as Administrator.
- After the software opens, try to update your payroll again.
If you again come across any issue while updating, try the next solution.
Solution 2- Prevent QuickBooks from getting blocked by your firewall
The firewall active on your PC can also block QuickBooks from performing certain actions that result in software errors. You can use the steps below to allow QuickBooks through the firewall and save it from getting blocked in the future-
- Open Windows Defender Firewall from the search panel.
- Click on the Allow an app or a feature through the Windows Defender Firewall option present in the menu on the left.
- Select QuickBooks from the list of programs to allow it through the firewall.
- Save the settings and reopen QuickBooks.
The issue will be resolved after using these steps.
This is the end of our blog, containing the details about the 15101 QuickBooks Update error. We also included the causes of this update error and the practical solutions you can use. We hope the blog helped you deal with this error in QuickBooks.
If you have any remaining queries, contact a QB expert at 1-855-948-3646.
You may read also : QuickBooks Update Error 15215