The payroll function is a very important business function. QuickBooks payroll errors cause difficulty for users to update and process the payroll. The error message 15102 in QuickBooks arises when updating QuickBooks or downloading payroll. This leads to delayed payroll and users get frustrated due to the error. We are here to help you handle the error and resolve it by providing a step-by-step guide on the QuickBooks payroll update error 15102.
If you are unable to resolve the error by yourself or need help understanding the steps, you can get in touch with our support team at 1-855-948-3646 for assistance.
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code 15102?
The error message pops up due to the following possible reasons –
- QuickBooks is running in multi-user mode.
- The shared download is turned-off.
- You are not running QuickBooks as an admin.
- The QB version you are using has become outdated and needs to be updated.
You may read also : QuickBooks error 15225
How to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Error 15102?
QuickBooks payroll update error 15102 can be resolved with the help of the following solutions –
Fix 1 – Using the Single-User Mode
Switching QuickBooks to single-user mode can help fix the error. For this, find the Single User Mode option under the File menu in QuickBooks and select it. Try to update QuickBooks again and see if the solution worked.
Fix 2 – Verifying the Download Location
Ensure that the shared download location is correct.
- Open the Product Info windows by pressing Ctrl + 1 and go to the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks and click on the Options tab.
- Verify the download location.
- The drive in the Download Location and the Product Information window should match if Shared Download is Allowed.
- The directory is Download Location and the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory should match if Shared Download is Not Allowed.
- If the download location is incorrect, switch their state. Select Yes for Shared Download if previously No was selected and vice-versa.
- Close and try to download the latest tax table.
Fix 3 – Remapping the Drive
If the shared location above is correct, try to remap the drive to a new letter and resolve the QuickBooks error code 15102.
- Go to the Computer tab of your PC and select Map a Network Drive. Browse for an unused drive letter and remap the drive.
- Open your company file using the new drive letter and go to Help > Update QuickBooks > Option tab.
- Turn off the Shared Download and switch it on again.
- Save and Close.
Fix 4 – Running QB as an Admin
Choose Run as Admin from the QB icon and click Continue when a UAC prompt message appears. See if this helps in resolving the 15102 error code.
Fix 5 – Updating QuickBooks
Lastly, try updating QuickBooks to the latest version to remove any minor issues and glitches caused by the outdated version. Select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the Help menu. Click on Update Now and install the updates.
The above solutions will help you fix the QuickBooks payroll update error 15102 easily. If the error persists, you can take help from our technical team in fixing the error by dialing 1-855-948-3646.
This blog is posted on itsmypost.com