Technology keeps updating and innovating with time. It has helped with the simplification of performing daily tasks. Not just simplifying, but also it has made things accessible from anywhere and anytime.
When we talk about technology, software and application is the first thing that hits up. Applications play a vital role in this tech-driven world.
Application has served almost every need of an individual, and developing it is quite a task. It requires proper analysis and planning. You can choose the budget range, features, technology stack, and many other parameters.
Choosing the right technology stack is essential, including the frameworks as well.
Java is a widely-used programming language with numerous frameworks and libraries. Some of the popular frameworks of Java are SpringBoot, Hibernate, GWT (Google Web Toolkit), Struts, and many more.
Among all the frameworks, Spring Boot has recently released their latest version.
With this article, we aim to review the latest updates on spring boot 2.7.0. and will also discuss its uses.
What is Spring Boot?
It is a Java framework with an IoC (Inversion of Control) programming principle used in developing apps that you can “just run”. It is an open-source and microservice-based framework with extensions to build web apps on top of Java Enterprise Edition. Additionally, it helps in creating a production-ready application that is fully configurable using the prebuilt code. Also, to get started with Spring, the minimum configurations are required without the need for an entire setup.
Some of the industry giants who use spring boot in their tech stack include Udemy, Cred, Trivago, and many more.
Before developing an application with spring boot, the primary step is to learn about its uses and benefits.
So here we go.
- It enables a quicker way of developing high-end applications.
- It looks at the parameters you have configured to make assumptions and adds the missing items automatically.
- It also helps in developing fast, secure, responsive, and hassle-free web applications.
- It helps in the development of stand-alone applications.
- It is easy to understand and develop applications with Spring Boot.
- It mainly focuses on business features and then on infrastructures.
- It provides the flexibility to configure Java Beans, Database Transactions, and XML configurations.
- It processes and manages REST endpoints efficiently.
- It provides annotation-based spring applications and includes Embedded Servlet Container.
- It helps in the embedding of Tomcat, Jetty, or Undertow directly, without the need to deploy WAR files.
- It eases the management of the dependencies.
- It automatically configures spring and other third-party libraries wherever possible.
Additionally, Spring Boot was designed and developed by keeping a few goals as its primary characteristics, including avoiding XML configurations to create production-ready applications more quickly and easily and running the application independently.
Now that we have filled in the description of spring boot and its uses, we will be moving ahead with the latest update, Spring Boot 2.7.0.
Updates on Spring Boot 2.7.0
The latest spring boot update is Spring Boot 2.7.0. that is available from Maven Central and has several new features and improvements. Below we have listed all the updates for your reference.
- The latest update has the Auto-configuration and metrics enabled for Spring and GraphQL.
- Now also supports Data Couchbase Test and Data Elastic search Test.
- Now it also supports Cache2k.
- Easy to register with Jackson Mixins.
- With this recent update, Podman can be used with Cloud Native Buildpacks as an alternative to the Docker engine when building images.
- It has also introduced new flyway modules (from 8.0 to 8.5) with support for multiple databases.
- It has enabled numerous dependency updates along with Kafka 3.1 and Spring Security 5.7.
Differences between Spring Versions
Generally, when a new version is released, the new version is built on top of the old version. There are changes made according to the requirements and demands in the industry as well as for the betterment of the product.
When talking about Spring Boot, the core of the framework i.e. the dependency injection, transaction management, and many more remains the same or gets extended with newly added features. Similar to the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) spring versions are compatible. It means that it enables you to run the Spring 1.0 file in the latest spring version as well.
Adding more to it, with time spring offers support for newer Java versions, framework enhancements, Websockets, reactive and event-driven programming, serverless architecture, and many more.
When talking about updates and latest versions technology has its head high with continuous advancements. With the updates, technology has provided people with some major and life-changing scenarios in the form of applications and has made things easier. All you need is an active internet connection, a smart device, and some knowledge of that technology.
Above we have listed the latest updates on Spring Boot 2.7.0 and mentioned the general uses of Spring Boot in developing applications. As stated earlier, Spring boot is highly used in the development of microservices, so the latest updates have been configured well to develop high-end applications according to the requirements.
You can make use of the latest updates and implement them on your new projects, and see if they work right for you or not.
Also, if you haven’t yet worked on Spring Boot, this is the right time to get started with it and develop top-notch projects for your clients and businesses.