With many beneficial features and applications available in Office 365 for business collaboration, most businesses are shifting their on-premises servers to Microsoft Office 365. Exchange to Office 365 migration is still a trend among corporations. Various approaches can be used to accomplish this migration – manual or automated (specialized third-party software).
This article will go over the four different methods here, including the professional method. Manual methods are not ideal for large-scale mailboxes due to their limitations and shortcomings. Experts always recommend a qualified Exchange to Office 365 migration solution for a fast and secure migration.
1) Cutover Migration
2) Staged Office 365Migration
3) Hybrid Migration
4) Automated third-Party Software
- Cutover Migration:
This migration method is an effective option for migrating less than 2000 mailboxes. The cutover process of transferring all the mailboxes in one go is compatible with selected Exchange versions (2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013) as it takes an unconvinced amount of time to complete the migration.
- Staged Migration:
A staged migration is a dependable way of migrating more than 2000 mailboxes for businesses. It is suitable with medium to large Exchange Server 2003 and 2007 environments.
- Hybrid Migration:
The hybrid deployment is specific for Exchange Server 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019 to Office 365. This process for Exchange to Office 365 migration is a bit more complicated than the cutover process of migrating Exchange to Office 365.
It is possible to migrate Exchange Server to Office 365 with the above migration methods. However, this requires a user with excellent knowledge of migrations and more processing time. You can face complications with these methods.
Furthermore, you can migrate Exchange to Office 365 without any complications using automated third-party software. And Shoviv Office 365 Migration Tool is the top-notch solution for migration from on-premises Exchange Server (Exchange) to cloud services.
- Automated method – Shoviv Office 365 Migration Tool:
It is a cost-effective and secure solution for Exchange to Office 365 migration because it offers user-friendly features for everyone. This tool is capable of adding a Live exchange server, EDB files, Office 365 mailboxes, and Outlook profiles as a source.
Features and Functionalities of this software:
- This software does not require any help from additional applications. It just requires only the valid credentials of the source Exchange server and the target Office 365 account.
- The user can migrate selected or entire mailboxes to Office 365 from Exchange with this software.
- Quickly migrate private & public folders of Exchange account to Office 365 with this efficient solution.
- This tool lets users quickly move data from the source folder to the target folder with folder with folder mapping feature.
- Users can change their target SMTP server’s email address by using advanced Email Translation option.
- Incremental Export/Backup option:It helps in resuming the process by avoiding the already processed items while the running process is interrupted.
- It comes with a free trial version that helps the users to know how does it work and what is its features. Using free demo, one can view all the added data and can save upto 50 items per folder.
Hence, Exchange to Office 365 migration is seamless and hassle-free with only the automated method. One can try the mentioned tool along with its demo version before investing.