In the world of mobile app development, there are two main camps when it comes to choosing a framework: Flutter vs. React Native. Let us know more about them in the forthcoming sections.
Flutter & React Native – Latest Statistics
It’s no secret that Flutter and React Native are two of the most popular mobile app development frameworks out there. But which one should you choose for your next project?
Here’s a quick overview of the latest statistics on both frameworks:
- Flutter was released in May 2017 and has been gaining popularity ever since. According to Google Trends, it is now the second most searched mobile app development framework (after React Native).
- On the other hand, React Native was released in 2015 and has been steadily gaining popularity. In terms of GitHub stars, React Native is currently ahead of Flutter with over 78,000 stars.
- When it comes to adoption by developers, Flutter seems to be ahead of React Native. According to a survey conducted by developer insights platform SlashData, 8% of mobile developers are using Flutter, while only 5% are using React Native.
So, what does this all mean? Well, it seems like Flutter is the more popular framework at the moment. However, both frameworks are still relatively new and it remains to be seen which one will ultimately prevail.
The Pros and Cons of Flutter Vs. React Native
When it comes to mobile app development, there are two main camps: those who prefer Flutter and those who prefer React Native. Each has its own pros and cons that need to be considered when making a decision about which platform to use.
- Flutter is faster and more responsive than React Native.
- Flutter apps have a native feel because they are compiled into native code.
React Native Pros
- React Native uses the same design as regular iOS and Android apps, so there’s no need to learn a new language or framework.
- These apps are more lightweight than Flutter apps.
- React Native has better performance on older devices.
Now that you know the pros and cons of each platform, you can make an informed decision about which one is right for your project.
If you need help deciding, contact a mobile app development company like Blue Label Labs. We can help you assess your needs and choose the best platform for your project.
Flutter Vs React Native: Comparison
When it comes to mobile app development, there are two major frameworks that developers use: Flutter and React Native. Both have their pros and cons, but which one should you choose?
Flutter has an excellent development environment called Android Studio. It has all the features you would expect from a top-tier IDE, such as syntax highlighting, code completion, and refactoring tools. React Native also has a good development environment called Visual Studio Code. However, it doesn’t have as many features as Android Studio.
Both Flutter and React Native allow you to hot-reload your code, so you can see changes instantly in the emulator or on your device. This is a great feature for iterating quickly on your app’s UI.
Flutter’s user interface is based on widgets. Widgets are simple UI components that can be composed to create complex UIs. This makes it very easy to create custom UIs with Flutter. React Native also has a widget-based UI, but it uses different types of components called “elements” and “components.” This can make it a bit more challenging to create custom UIs with React Native.
Both Flutter and React Native have excellent support for Material Design, so you can create apps that look great on both Android and iOS.
Flutter apps are compiled to native code, so they run very quickly on both iOS and Android devices. React Native apps are not compiled into native code, so they may run slightly slower on some devices. However, the difference is usually not noticeable to users.
Size and Code Reuse
Both Flutter and React Native apps can be used to create cross-platform apps that can be published to both iOS and Android app stores. However, React Native has a larger ecosystem of libraries and tools that can be used to create these apps, so it has an advantage in this area.
Flutter has a growing community of developers who are passionate about the platform. There are many active forums and chat rooms where you can get help with your app development. React Native has a sizable and active community as well. However, because it is developed by Facebook, there is less independent support available.
Flutter’s documentation is excellent. It is well-written and easy to follow. React Native’s documentation is also excellent. However, because React Native is developed by Facebook, it is sometimes difficult to find information that is not specific to Facebook’s products.
Rates of React Native Developers Vs. Flutter Developers
If you’re trying to decide whether to use React Native or Flutter for mobile app development, one key factor to consider is the rates of developers for each platform.
In general, React Native developers are more expensive than Flutter developers.
According to a survey by Hired, the average hourly rate for a React Native developer is $61, while the average hourly rate for a Flutter developer is $56.
There are several reasons why React Native developers are more expensive than Flutter developers.
- For one, React Native has been around longer than Flutter and is thus more established. It’s also used by big names in the tech industry like Facebook, Instagram, and Airbnb, which drives up demand (and prices).
- Another factor to consider is experience levels. According to the same Hired survey, the average years of experience for a React Native developer is 4.8, while the average years of experience for a Flutter developer is 2.8. So if you’re looking for a more experienced developer, you’ll likely have to pay more.
Of course, there are many other factors to consider when choosing between React Native and Flutter for your mobile app development needs.
The Future of Flutter and React Native
The Google-backed Flutter and Facebook’s React Native are two of the most popular mobile app development frameworks today. But which one should you choose for your next project?
There’s no easy answer, as both Flutter and React Native have their own pros and cons. However, if we had to choose one, we would say that Flutter is the way to go for most projects. Here’s why:
If you’re still not sure which framework to choose, the best thing to do is experiment with both and see which one you prefer.
In conclusion, there is no clear winner between Flutter and React Native for mobile app development. Both have their pros and cons, and it ultimately comes down to personal preference.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use framework with a wide range of features, Flutter might be the best option for you. However, if you’re more interested in cross-platform compatibility and performance, React Native could be the better choice. Whichever route you choose, we hope that this article has helped you decide on your mobile app development!