We Have Got You Covered – Forget Dryness and Flakiness with these Body Lotions
Did you know that one can tell someone’s age by looking at their neck and hands? The difference between a well-groomed person and an unkempt person is an eye for detail. No point in having a well made-up face but dry and cracked feet or broken nails; it just ruins a beautiful face when the rest of the exposed body parts don’t look well moisturised.
Indian men and women are mostly exposed to hot climates most of the year, followed by bitter winter and wet monsoons in some other regions. Like your facial skin, the body skin requires different products too.
So, to avoid early signs of ageing, such as a wrinkly neck or bony hands, it is crucial to pay attention to your body. Not only would this help you in the long run, but it keeps you looking younger.
Need for Moisturising:
Daily moisturising is necessary to obtain healthy skin, as it requires regular attention to stay young and flawless. Adding a body lotion to your skincare routine would benefit and improve the health of your skin. A body lotion is the perfect solution for various skincare problems, ranging from dryness to sunburns. So choosing the best body lotion for hydrated, supple, and healthy skin is essential.
If you are, looking for a great body lotion, read through the following:
How to choose the correct Moisturiser for you:
You should always prefer an oil-free moisturiser unless you suffer from dehydrated skin, which requires extreme hydration. Instead, pick a lotion rich in vitamins and SPF to protect your skin from UVA/UVB rays.
Moisturisers with Vitamin A and B5 help build up moisture levels for your skin, whereas those with Vitamin E and C will come to your rescue from sun rays. Help in repairing the damage caused. There are many varieties, including aloe vera to soothe sensitive skin, ones with skin brightening properties.
Some include SPF in them. If you run outdoors or swim regularly, have these beauties in your closet. If you love a luxurious ritual, look for oat milk and cocoa almond or ingredients like saffron and essential oils. For example, suppose you’re someone who prefers deep hydration; the Jergens body lotion is just the right pick for you. On the other hand, if you have sensitive or itchy skin, look at dermatologist-approved body lotions.
Remember, skincare products are not only about the benefits they bring to the table. For example, a body lotion must make you feel hydrated and beautiful, relaxing your senses through its texture and fragrance.
- Body Lotions help in retaining moisture and make the skin glow.
- They have anti-ageing properties and prevent causing wrinkles, making your skin look younger.
- Body Lotions make the skin soft and smooth and soothe the rough patches of the skin, making your skin look hydrated and fresh.
- They give a light and pleasant fragrance to the skin, making you smell good and fresh all day long.
Advantages over body butter and body creams
- Lotions are not greasy and contain more water content
- Lotions penetrate the skin and provide intense hydration and softness
- Lotions retain lost moisture from the skin, heal skin conditions and repair damaged skin.
- Lotions make you feel calm, relaxed and make you feel great.
- Lotions add some shimmer and glitter to your skin, making your skin glow.
When to apply Body Lotions
Never skip applying body lotions after taking a bath, shaving or exfoliation. Moisturising after a hot shower is essential as hot water removes moisture and essential body oils out of your skin, making it look dry. Apply body lotions regularly for radiant and healthy-looking skin all day long.
- Try and moisturise skin when it’s damp, that is not wet or completely dry. It helps lock in hydration.
- Dermatologists recommend patting any form of serum or moisturiser onto the skin instead of rubbing. It helps in better absorption of the moisturiser and helps blood flow.
- Try and moisturise at least twice a day after showers.
- Apply body lotion in upward strokes, and massaging also helps better absorption.
- Pick something that works for you and listen to your skin to understand your skin needs!
Know your skin well. Make sure you have healthy glowing skin and stay beautiful! Making sure you live a clean lifestyle and exercise regularly. A massage, good exfoliation and proper cleansing are essential to remove toxins. Don’t worry. That healthy glow will never leave you.