Frisolac Step 1 and Frisolac Step 2 are basically the same product with all the same ingredients, the only difference being that Frisolac Step 1 is meant for children below a year old while Frisolac Step 2 is for kids above the age of 12 months
Frisolac Step 1 and Frisolac Step 2 are a milk based powder baby formula that is manufactured in Holland. This is a product that was specifically made to target the nutritious needs of children. This is a high quality product that has well blended ingredients to keep your child healthy and happy. All the necessary nutrients are included in this formula and it as close as you would come to maternal milk.
It is completely safe for your child in the right dosage and it will not post any health side effects. It is very easy to digest and its nutrients and minerals are easy to absorb and use. It will help the child develop a robust immune system which will reduce risk of illnesses.
Contents and Ingredients
Frisolac Step 1 and Frisolac Step 2 are nourishing formulas that is well made with the best raw materials that are necessary for the health of your child.
The first important nutrient is vitamins, Frisolac Step 1 and Frisolac Step 2 have vitamins B6 and C which aids in the immune system development of your child.
The second ingredient is skimmed cow’s milk and whey. This is derived from cow’s milk and it is therefore not good for a lactose intolerant child. The whey protein concentrate in the formula is sure to help with your child’s growth and development.
The third component is Selenium. Selenium is a powerful mineral that is very essential for the functioning of the body and it offers your child a lot of benefits;
- It is a powerful antioxidant which will ensure all your cells are well intact and healthy.
- It reduces the risk of developing some cancers as the child grows.
- It prevents some heart diseases.
- It prevents mental decline which will reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease at an older age.
- It boosts the immune system of your child to make it more resistant to any illnesses as he grows.
- It is good for the thyroid gland which is important for hormonal balance and secretion in the body.
Frisolac Step 1 and Frisolac Step 2 also have CIS, prebiotic fiber, nucleotides and Arachidonic Acid (AA) which is an amino acid that is vital for brain development. AA is also important in body cell formation and development of organs such as liver, brain and muscles. It makes up to 12% of the phospholipid fatty acids. AA. It also contains Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which is an omega-3 fatty acid. The mains sources of DHA are maternal milk, fish oil. In the human body, DHA is mostly found in the brain, skin and eyes. It is therefore it very important in the formation of these organs and their proper functioning.
Dosage and Use
The wrong use and storage of Frisolac Step 1 and Frisolac Step 2 could be catastrophic to the baby and therefore it is not a matter you can take lightly. Always keep the environment clean and the tin should always be closed tightly with its original lid away from moisture or heat.
It is important to read the instructions and follow them precisely because doing otherwise might cause the baby to be ill. Some important points to note are;
- The formula preparation temperature should not be below 700C
- Make sure you clean the utensils with hot water to kill all the germs.
- Use the exact amount of formula as directed by the Manufacturer.
- Mix the formula and water thoroughly.
- Cool the milk to feeding temperature, it should be lukewarm and it can be tested by dripping some on your wrist to feel the temperature.
- Discard the unfinished formula after an hour of making it.
Administration of the formula is simple and straight forward and it depends on the age of the child;
- Under a week old, the formula should be administered 8 times a day and it is 2 scoops mixed with 60ml of water,
- Between 1 week and a month of age the formula should be administered 8 times a day and it is 2 scoops mixed with 60ml of water,
- Between 1 month and 2 months of age the formula should be administered 7 times a day and it is 3 scoops mixed with 60ml of water,
- Between 2 months and 4 months of age the formula should be administered 6 times a day and it is 4 scoops mixed with 120ml of water,
- Between 4 and 6 months of age the formula should be administered 6 times a day and it is 5 scoops mixed with 150ml of water,
- Between 6 months and 9 months of age the formula should be administered 6 times a day and it is 4 scoops mixed with 120ml of water,
- Between 9 and 12 months of age the formula should be administered 6 times a day and it is 5 scoops mixed with 150ml of water,
It is important to note that the exact amount a child needs varies, it is therefore advisable to see a medical professional to guide on how to administer to your child.