As the world of online marketing progresses, one thing is sure: consumers want to learn about their products through content rather than traditional ads. According to a study, 70% of people learn about a company from a blog post rather than from a traditional advertisement.
But let’s admit, content marketing – especially blogging, requires consistent hard work. And we all sometimes wonder if it is worth trying.
Can we actually create a blog for a business that generates a streak of leads? Can you write a blog that compels its readers to buy those products instantly or even work with you? Can blogging improve your business growth?
Getting your online content readers to fall wholeheartedly with your business may sound intimidating, but it’s actually not. These tactics indeed take time and resources to build out, but it creates many assets for you or your business once a level is reached. High-quality blogs allow you to publish low-maintenance content, improve your website’s search traffic, discuss products, and show your industry’s expertise.
If your website already has a blog section, you can easily scale it up with the best content marketing strategy. If you don’t have a blog, you might want to add a section on your website to publish content and experiment with new formats.
Blogging is a scalable and affordable approach that, currently, over 70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing. A survey suggests that blogs are among the top three primary media forms used within a company’s content strategy.
Crafting a blog post is easier than rolling out significant multichannel marketing campaigns. Other than giving information about your product, blogging offers numerous benefits.
Benefits of Having a Business Blog
As Neil Patel says, “If you want to grow your blog constantly, you need to learn to blog on a consistent basis.”
Consistent blogging will keep you streamlined with the industry trends while boosting your business. However, if you have only recently started in the field, you may want to look at an all-inclusive guide on how to start a blog.
Once we are on the same page, you can move further and learn how consistent blogging can benefit your business.
- Drive Traffic to Your Website
There are approximately 4.57 billion active internet users worldwide, out of which 59% alone come from China, India, and the USA. These people are consuming daily online content at an unprecedented pace. Adding a blog section to your product or business website can help drive digital traffic to your content while visitors gain information about your product.
Whenever you write and publish a blog on your website, it creates an additional page and an opportunity to grow visitors to your website (accounting for organic traffic). Besides, you can share it on multiple social media platforms to gain more visitors.
Blog content will help your website run and build an active presence on all media platforms while boosting its traffic.
- Generate Leads
Now that your website is gaining more traffic than usual, you will have ample opportunities to turn them into leads through blog content. All you need to do is add a CTA, i.e., Call to Action, at the end of every blog post, which keeps the reader hooked to your website and shuffles in-between your different products.
You should also note here that not every visitor converts into a lead, which is all right. You can strive to improve each month by giving out high-quality blog content and keep the reader engaged and scrolling through your website. With the help of call-to-action buttons or links, you will generate more leads than usual.
- Establish Authority
Blogging is usually done either to provide information or to solve customer queries. If you are consistent in creating content that helps your target audience, it will further establish your authority.
A blog comes in handy for all marketers in a content strategy for enhancing sales enablement opportunities.
Think about scenarios where a person faces problems with the product information. Your blog content can solve these queries in the easiest way possible and helps convert the visitor into a useful lead. Now, wouldn’t you want your business to grow with such organic leads?
Even if they only wanted to gain information, they have easily become your product’s prospect since you have solved their query before becoming your customer.
These blogs not only help move sales up, but it also drives long-term results for traffic engagement and generating new leads.
The question is: where do you start?
Here are a couple of things you can do when you craft a blog that helps you grow your business. Let’s have a look.
- Plan Your Content Strategy to Drive Traffic
The first step towards planning a content strategy is to decide your content topic. So, how to do it efficiently?
Exploring blogs and forums on trending topics are one of the great ways to start, but you can also consider various tools that can help you get through the process, for example:
- Google Trends – This tool will provide you a graph that showcases how interest has increased or decreased over time.
- BuzzSumo – This tool helps you explore topics that are generating the most social shares.
- SEMrush – This tool helps you discover exactly what keywords your competitors are ranking for in the Google search engine and get an estimate of how much traffic those keywords can bring in.
The major thing is to ensure that the topics you choose fit your content strategy and help you engage with your target audience.
Matching your audience up with the right topic is a competitive advantage that can help you gain traction on all digital platforms.
- Find Out Your Customer Pain Points
What upsets your customers every single day? This could be a problem that seems insurmountable. The blog post you create should answer and solve your customer’s pain points. It is possible with the problem-solution content approach that helps in finding your customer’s areas of concern and solving them. Remember, the pain points of your customers may vary in terms of need, challenge, or problem.
You can use digital analytics, direct questioning, online surveys, and several other methods to find out such information.
Source – Wordstream.com
- Digital Analytics – It provides you valuable insight into how a user is performing on your website and how many times a visitor put a product into his shopping cart. Google analytics is the best tool that is free to use and helps you measure your website traffic.
- Direct Questioning – It helps know your customer better as they provide direct information on the problems they are facing and relative expectations. You can also run an audit to know various problems your users face.
- Online Surveys – It is the most effective tool for knowing your customer’s problems, expectations, and experience. Online surveys consist of a set of questions and opinion polls where customers can also provide feedback apart from sharing their problems or areas of concern.
- Make Your Content Readable
Do you know what makes content readable and appealing to users and search engines? It is the detailed and comprehensive blogs that deliver the required information customers need.
Most of the visitors on your website won’t read every word, and they leave without exploring the useful information that you have to offer.
To avoid such scenarios, you need to make your content visually appealing and easy to read.
Here are some tips to make your blog readable and user-friendly:
- Keep your sentences and paragraphs concise. This leaves a white space around text making a page scannable and less intimidating to the reader.
- Check the readability score of your content. You can find many online readability checkers tools – Yoast SEO is one of them.
- Use a grammar checker. Most writers prefer the tool Grammarly as it not only checks grammar but actually helps you improve sentence structure.
- Use images, graphs, videos, infographics, and other visual media elements to make your article highly engaging and easy to read.
Following these simple steps can pull visitors to your website and let them explore your different products or services with unique content through multiple blogs.
Business Blogging for Optimization
David Aston once said, “Successful blogging is not about one-time hits; it is about building a loyal following over time.”
It sums up everything about writing a blog or rather being successful at it.
Blogging often gives a good spike of online traffic that can also generate useful leads even when you snooze the alarm. The efforts you put today in business blogging have the potential to reap fruits tomorrow.
What’s more, is that you can also monetize it once you’ve established yourself with a loyal audience.
If you look at starting a business blog, the reasons above should be enough for you to take the lead. Start arguing the case about your product. Prepare a content strategy and write down your thoughts. Your business will gain attraction and results.
So are you ready to plan your content strategy? If you have any thoughts on growing business through blogging or need any assistance, do share in the comment box.