Finance applications have taken the world by storm. Many people use various finance app to manage their finances. Such apps have made people’s lives much more manageable, and the Covi-19 pandemic has further triggered their popularity.
Consequently, many businesses want to invest in this domain. Mint is one of the popular finance apps of recent times.
This blog will explain everything you need to develop a personal finance app like Mint.
What are the Core Features of a Finance App Like Mint?
Features are an essential part of the process of building an app. During the requirement gathering phase, you must be clear about the features you want to integrate into your app. Therefore, define the project scope and select the relevant features based on the project complexity.
You can hire mobile app developers and explain your requirements to them accordingly. Some of the top-notch features you can integrate into your finance app like Mint are:
- Sign up: Register on the app and create an account.
- Gamification: Gamify the user experience to keep users engaged.
- Personalization: Customize user experience as per their needs.
- AI-driven financial coaching: Enable smart saving with AI algorithms.
- Synchronization: Synchronize accounts such as credit and debit cards, investments, loans, etc., to keep the details in one place.
- Budgeting and expense categorization: Enable users to plan their budget and expenses accordingly.
- Bills and subscriptions: Keep track of all your bill payments in one place.
- Notifications: Notify your users regarding the accounts, upcoming bills, late fees, etc.
- Customer support & consultation: Provide full support to the customers regarding any technical issues.
- Analytics and reports: Allow your users to keep track of their financial activities.
- Investment tracking: The investment tracker allows users to track their expenses.
What Technologies are Required to Create a Personal Finance App Like Mint?
After defining the project and feature requirements, it is time to look at the tools, technologies, and frameworks used to develop finance apps like Mint.
Below we have compiled the tech stack list to develop personal finance apps.
Tech Stack for iOS Development
- Programming Language: Swift
- Toolkit: Apple Xcode
- SDK: iOS SDK
Tech Stack for Android App Development
- Programming Language: Kotlin
- Toolkit: Android Studio and Android Developer Tool
- SDK: Android SDK
Tech Stack for Hybrid App Development
- Frameworks: Ionic, React Native, Flutter, Xamarin, etc.
- Programming Languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Node.js, Java
- Frameworks: Laravel, CakePHP, Ruby on Rails, Django, Express.js, etc.
How Mint Makes Money?
Another essential factor you should take care of while developing a personal finance app like Mint is its monetization model. The ultimate goal of creating an app for any business owner is to generate revenue.
Below we have mentioned the review techniques that the Mint app use:
- Paid apps: Set up pricing for your app.
- In-app purchases: Sell additional features inside the app.
- In-app advertisements: You can earn by enabling advertisement options.
- Subscriptions: Allow your users to unlock advanced features by paying a monthly fee.
- Referral Fee: May money when users buy financial items your app promotes.
We hope this blog gives you a clear idea regarding everything you need to develop a personal finance app like Mint. You can hire a leading FinTech app development company that builds market-ready finance applications.
However, selecting a suitable development company is a challenging task. Therefore, ensure you hire a company after thorough research that fulfills your project requirements and develops an intuitive app.