How to increase your MacBook longevity
If you have just bought a new latest MacBook or second hand MacBook for yourself, you definitely want to use your MacBook for a long time without any problems. And it’s a fact that Mac usually can live longer than other computers. If you want it to be your case as well, you have to remember about a few things.
Keep your Mac clean & cool
When your computer is clean and well, it runs at lower internal temperatures. It’s good to get your Mac open from time to time to clean out the dust and check if everything works as it should. Not every MacBook can be easily opened so do your research before getting to work.
Then, remember to never place it on pillows or other materials that can block the airflow. Overheating is extremely dangerous to any electronic devices.
MacBook systems may be much safer from threats than Windows but they’re not invulnerable. Getting a Mac virus is still possible and can do a lot of damage to your computer so make sure you have good anti-virus software and you run scans regularly.
Disk Utility on MacBook includes something called a Disk First Aid and it can help you find and repair problems before they start impacting your computer’s work and doing damage. Don’t forget about it to ensure the safety and high performance of your Mac. The other thing to remember is Safe Mode, a boot environment to run tests and delete potential problems.
Keep it Updated
Apple programmers are constantly working to make your system safer, smoother, better, but you have to allow them to help you. Even if you’re 100% satisfied with the system version you’re operating on right now, don’t ignore notifications about an upgrade.
Here’s another tip for your MacBook.
How To Clean Your Apple MacBook Air and Pro PC?
We often use soap water, aerosol sprays, hydrogen peroxide cleaners, etc for the cleaning purpose, but it will not work with your MacBook. These sprays will end up damaging the finish of the Macintosh Book(waterproof coat). The usage of computer cleaners available in the market is recommended as they are specifically designed for the purpose. Also, make it a point to use a soft, and lint-free cloth for avoiding scratches.
These are the following steps to clean your MacBook:
- Switch off your laptop, to begin with, the procedure. Make sure that it is not in a sleep mode because if in case, it’s in sleep mode, you might be unknowingly compromising on the open files and documents.
- Detach the power adapter and battery (if detachable) before cleaning.
- An air duster is an essential commodity that can be used to blow off the dust from difficult to reach areas. Also, make it sure that no water spills over your computer from air duster. If in case it happens, let it dry and then proceed with the cleaning process.
- The next role is to be played by a soft bristled brush which can be used to remove dust from the edges.
- Clean the screen with LCD cleaner, or you can make use of water for the same. Ensure that the cloth you are using to wipe off the solution is soft or lint-free. Rub in a circular motion. Make sure that there is no leftover grime or oil on the screen.
- Clean the exterior of the computer now. Don’t spray the liquid directly over it, but pour a few drops on a lint-free cloth and then clean.
- Clean the keyboard with a damp cloth. Remember it must be slightly damp.
- Take a thin brush or a cotton swab to clear off the dust stuck between the keys.
- Don’t make use of cleaning solutions for a trackpad, but use a slightly damp and clean cloth for the same. Also, make sure to dry it with a dry cloth immediately after cleaning with a wet cloth.
- Slightly rub the underneath portion and a non-slip rubber on the bottom of a MacBook with a dry cloth.
Apple MacBook Repair is the best solution for your Mac hardware or software problems.
- Just in case you use a spray to clean the retina screen, do not directly in the screen. Always spray on the cloth or the wipe – not on the screen.
- Since your laptop cost you almost two thousand dollars, which is a huge sum of money, do not be nasty while cleaning and handling it. You do not want it to be scrapped soon. So, whenever you are using the laptop keep your food articles away, your drinks away, and try to use only clean hands.
- Do not use greased hands to touch the screen or maybe altogether the laptop.
- Wash your hands, it hardly takes a minute and costs you nothing. However, your laptop costs you a little fortune. All this should be done out of a little respect towards your laptop which comes in need all the time for you.
Tips & Tricks
1. Build keyboard shortcut in MacBook for anything you want
If you want to make your own shortcut keyboard in your MacBook to approach any menu option you want:
a) Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts, then Tap the (+) icon.
b. A box will pop up offering you to select the application you want, the name of the menu command and the keyboard shortcut as you wish.
c. After that, tap Add.
2. Rename a set of files at the same time
You don’t need to separately rename a group of files or pictures on your MacBook. Rather, go to Finder and choose the set of files or pictures you want to rename by clicking one, holding down Shift and clicking the others. Right-click, and scroll down to the option that says Rename X items. Or, after selecting them, Tap the cog icon and click Rename X items from there. Then, you will be allow to merge text, replace text or apply a format with a number for each photo.
3. Open Folders in an instant
To open up a folder in Finder or on your desktop, hold Command and press the down arrow key. To go back, just hold Command and press the up arrow key.
4. Rapidly Delete your File
If you want to delete a file and want to bypass the Trash Can on the Mac that saves files before deleting them, just select a file and press Option + Command + Delete at the same time.
There are two types of screenshots in your Mac:
- Video Screenshots – Shift + Command + 3 takes a screenshot, Shift + Command + 4 lets you select an area of the screen to screenshot, but Shift + Command + 5, a lesser known option, brings up an interface that lets you record your screen or a portion of your screen.
- Cleaner Screenshots – While using Shift + Command + 4 to select an particular area on the display, if you press spacebar, the icon turns to a camera.Now, you can select any open window to take a screenshot of just that window.
- But you have to make sure that the screen should only display that portion of content or photos that you want to be appear on it.
- Now, Tap Command + Shift + 3 and you’ll hear a sound when a camera makes while capturing a pictures in it.
Connecting an external hard drive with the MacBook Pro?
By the heading, you guys think it’s a pretty easier task! All you need is a Data Cable to do the same. Merely insert the one end of the Data Cable to the Hard Disk and the other end to the MacBook Pro external port.
It’s not that simple guys! That’s why we are posting a short and perfect guide on our blog about How to connect external hard disk drive with MacBook Pro.
Before proceeding further, Let me share the problem we faced while connecting the Hard Disk!
The main problem with Mac Operating System ( MAC OS X) is that at the time of external hard drive connection it is only in “Read Only” mode that means it is only able to read the Data. Most of the external Hard Drive is loaded in the NTFS format that’s why Mac OS just have access to read the Data. It is not set to perform the write operation on the hard drive.
So to perform both Read & Write operations on Hard Drive, You need to install a third party application. Or follow the below-mentioned guide for the quick solution & You are done xD.
Is external hard drive not showing up mac?
- First of all, Connect your New Hard Disk to your MacBook Pro
- Next press the Shift + Command + U from your keyboard
- Now Hit the Disk Utility option there
- Choose your Hard Disk from the disk utility
- Select the Erase tab on the right corner of the Mac Screen
- Next, choose the volume format you are looking for
- For Mac OS: Select the Mac OS Extended [ Journaled ]
- For PCs Only: Select the MS-DOS(FAT) option
- Now your Hard Drive will be formatted to FAT32 Version
- On the bottom left corner of the screen, You will see the Erase Button
- Hit the Erase button
- That’s all! Your hard disk is ready to connect with the MacBook
- Now your Mac will both Read & Write data from your Hard Drive.