Have you ever had a backache problem? Back pain is a major lifestyle problem nowadays. Especially due to work from home, many people are facing lower back pain problems. Orthopedics tell the reason for weak abs and bad posture.
The great yogis of India have composed many asanas to relieve back pain, improve posture, and keep the spine straight. The most prominent solution to this problem has been described as Bitilasana.
In this article, I will give information about what is Bitilasan, the benefits of doing Bitilasan, the right way to do it, methods, and precautions.
What is Bitilasan?
Bitilasan is a Sanskrit word. Which literally means ‘cow asana’. The word Bitilasan is made up of two words. The first word Bitil stands for a cow. Asana stands for sitting in a specific posture.
Bitilasana is performed in pairs with another yoga asana Marjarasan. Both of these asanas are done in the configuration yoga style. These are simple difficulty yogasanas. Do it at least for ten to fifteen seconds. While this can be repeated up to 4-5 times.
With regular practice of Bitillasan,
The neck gets strength.
Health Benefits of Bitilasana (Aka Cow Pose):
All asana in yoga has specific benefits for the mind and body. Especially, if they are done with the speed of breath and correct body coordination. The same is true with Bitilasan, it heals body and mind and makes them strong.
- Improves spinal flexibility.
- Improves life in the body and bend the spine.
- Relieve pain or tension around the neck, lower back, and shoulders.
- Strengthens core muscles.
- Helps strengthen hands, shoulders, and wrists.
- Strong joints of the shoulder, hip, and knee.
- Enhance the digestion system.
- Stress reduces insomnia.
- Helps to improve body posture while sleeping.
- Manipura activates the Muladhara and the Vishuddhi Chakra.
Points need to be remembered while doing Bitilasana
- Gradually increase the practice to do Btillasan.
- Immediately stop, when you feel discomfort while practicing this asana.
- Don’t put stress on your knees or shoulders.
- Initial warm-up is a basic requirement before doing any exercise.
- Fresher for yoga asanas, if possible practice under the guidance of the yoga trainer.
Step of doing Bitilasana
- To perform this asana, first of all, sit in a clean place.
- Now sit on your knees with your hands on the ground. Spread the knees and hands on the ground in a straight line.
- The hands have to be placed on the ground just below the shoulder. Holding the palms on the ground, keep the fingers open in the front.
- Make the body like a table.
- Now leave your head free and keep your eyes on the ground.
- Pull the breath inwards and lift the buttock upwards. While doing this, allow the chest to open completely and let the stomach slide downwards.
- Now, look at the front, raising your head upwards. Continue to look at the front for 10-15 seconds, then slowly release the breath outward.
- Repeat this asana at least 5 to 6 times.
In this way, by doing this asana daily, you will get rid of stomach related problems as well as you will not have to face acidity problem also. This asana can be done very easily after a little practice. You can also know more about yoga asana by joining 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
What precautions should be taken in doing Bitilasan:
Avoid practicing Bitillasan if you have the following problems.
- If suffering from neck ache, do not twist your neck.
- Initially, do Bitilasana under the supervision of a yoga trainer.
- You can practice this asana yourself if you have not serious problems.
- Before starting the practice of Bitilasan, consult a doctor.
Do these asanas before performing Bitilasan:
- Viparita Karani
Bitilasan is a very good posture of yoga science. Bitillasan not only activates metabolism but also helps to keep your mind stable. Bitilasan helps to develop the same quality associated with making a balance in your body.
To practice Bitilasan, your neck and shoulders should be strong enough to lift the weight of the entire body. But first, you have to win over your mind fear that you should not fall while practicing. If you are frequently falling down while doing this asana, approach a yoga trainer.
For the latest News and information about lower chest workout keep visiting the website and stay updated about Latest Health News