QuickBooks is used by small and medium-size business organization all across the globe. With QuickBooks Online, you can access your data from anywhere anytime. Once you Import QuickBooks Desktop to Online, your business operations get easier. Importing QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online allows you to access your financial data anytime, anywhere. Multiple users can access the data file simultaneously in QuickBooks Online.
Are you wondering how to Import QuickBooks Desktop to Online? If yes, then don’t worry because you are on the right platform.
In this blog, we will discuss “how to Import QuickBooks Desktop data to online”. Besides, we will also inform you of its limitations.
benefits of converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online:
- Converting process doesn’t cost you anything. Intuit allow you to do it for free.
- It allows you to easily compare reports from the current year to the previous year.
What’s not imported when “Import QuickBooks Desktop enterprise to online”?
While switching QuickBooks Desktop to Online, most of the data will import, but few items will not convert. To know about those items, read the points given below.
- Bank and credit card account reconciliation reports.
- Recurring credit card changes.
- Inventory from QuickBooks for Mac.
- Audit trail.
- Pending transactions.
- Sales form templates.
- Price levels.
- Subtotal items, sales tax group items, and other group items.
Benefits of converting QuickBooks Desktop payroll to online
QuickBooks Online Payroll has several unique benefits.
- You get complete accessibility with login as well as password.
- It is compatible with most of the devices, and you can access the software at any time and from anywhere.
- It also enables synchronization function with other programs and application.
- Your company file also gets updated in real-time.
Import QuickBooks desktop file to online
There are certain points which you must remember before you proceed.
- Update QuickBooks Desktop completely. If you didn’t update the application, it’s dangerous to import data as there are permanent data loss chances.
- You can import QuickBooks Desktop data within 60 days of QB Online company start date.
- Maintain your transactions on both the sets that are QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online until you decide QuickBooks Online is perfect for your business.
- You must check that what are the limitations of importing and then make your final decision.
- Make sure to log in as the administrator in both QuickBooks Desktop and Online account.
- In case you encounter any error while importing, make sure to fix the error before importing.
Know how to Import QuickBooks Desktop to Online
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting application. It provides both the version online and desktop. If you are QuickBooks Desktop user, you can easily import QuickBooks Desktop to Online to reap the online version’s benefits. The best part is you don’t need to pay anything for this. Intuit allow you to it free of cost. There are several steps to complete the importing procedure. Therefore, before you import QuickBooks Desktop to Online, you must know the procedure’s limitations.
Simple Process to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
Read the following steps given below carefully.
The first step is to Export the QuickBooks Desktop Company data
- At first, select the QuickBooks version and follow the instructions prompted.
- Now, open the file or data that you want to export.
- Next, go to the Company, click on Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
- After that, follow the instructions to connect to QuickBooks Online.
- Note- If you do not locate Export option then you must update your QuickBooks application.
The second step is to open your Company file.
- Firstly, press CTRL+1 keys on your keyboard to open the “Product Information” window.
- Now, click and hold CTRL and press B + Q simultaneously.
- To close the Product Information window, click on the Ok button.
- To connect the QuickBooks Online follow the prompts instructed on the screen.
The Third Step is to get connected to QuickBooks Online and import your data.
- You must log in as Admin and agree to the terms and conditions after signing in to QuickBooks Online.
- Choose the QuickBooks Online Company you wish to import your data into or create a new account.
- Finally, select Ok and wait for the process to get completed.
You definitely love to read: Detailed Information about QuickBooks Error H202
How to Fix “Error: Could not connect to the database or could not load the database”?
It is a very common error that occurs while converting data from QuickBooks desktop to online. The error occurs when users don’t login into Windows as an Administrator. Below mentioned are some more causes that leads to the error.
- The error may occur when multiple version of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is installed on your system.
- Corruption in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale company data folder.
To resolve the error, follow the steps given below.
- Open Run window.
- Now, users must open the ‘Control Panel’ and, from the drop-down menu, select the ‘View’ option.
- Proceed by selecting the ‘Small icons.’
- Next, choose the ‘User Accounts’ tab.
- Further, the user must select the ‘Manage another account’ option.
- Finally, make sure that you have logged in as an ‘Administrator.’
In this article, we have discussed “how can you import QuickBooks desktop to online“. We have provided you with a brief description of the topic. Hopefully, all your query is resolved by going through the complete procedure mentioned above. In case of any doubt, contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969.