Since the commencement of its operations in 1929, Delta has gone a long way. Today it is headquartered in Atlanta and the airline employs more than 90,000 people from all over the world. If you are also planning to book a Delta flight, there’s something you need to know.
Delta reservations offer flights for cheap as well as discounted flights but there is nothing important than the traveler’s security. Every now and then Delta keeps on improving its safety measures but still, it didn’t make it to the global list when it comes to safety. Geoffrey Thomas, editor-in-chief of AirlineRatings.com said in a statement that it was excluded because of recent incidents of allegedly intoxicated pilots on Delta.
Delta Air Lines was named the most reliable airline, with the lowest rate of cancellations, delays, mishandled luggage and denied boarding. However, the least pet-friendly was Delta Air Lines.
For safety and security, Delta has taken the following initiatives:
- Effective Jan 2018, Delta airlines have stopped accepting checked or carry-on luggage so-called ‘smart bags’ or smart luggage that have non-removable lithium-ion batteries. There can be a risk of overheating and can result in a fire hazard risk during a flight.
- In 2015, it also banned hoverboards so as to avoid any risk during an ongoing flight. Even American Airlines implemented the same rule thereafter.
- Delta Airlines also received Safety Management System certification from the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Delta Airlines also launched an innovative solution to provide a best-in-class travel experience for pets as well as their owners. This will help in protecting your pets from the fluctuation in temperature.
- Delta gives the utmost importance to the safety of its passengers and employees. So lately it comes up with ‘X-TAG’ that is an innovative opportunity to their employees with wearable robotics so as to build a strong personal safety culture and protect people from injury as this will give them an additional layer of strength and protection.”
Apart from this, Delta airlines reservations team keeps on making rules that will add to the security and safety of their passengers such as if you are traveling with a child, a senior citizen, pets and other concerns.
Items like e-cigarettes, matches, lighters, etc., have also been banned by the airlines so as to keep a check on the fire hazards. Sports equipment is not allowed in the cabin, they all will be transported in checked luggage. There are some restrictions on carrying too many perfume bottles.