The QuickBooks Database Server Manager helps users access the company file on different workstations at the same time. But sometimes, while using the multi-user mode, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager keeps stopping. This causes a state of panic for the users as they are unable to access the company file in a multi-user environment. If your QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped working, we are going to provide you with the possible reasons and effective solutions to fix this issue.
You can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get technical assistance if you are having difficulty performing the steps on your own.
Why Is QuickBooks QBDBMgrN Not Running on Your PC?
The possible reasons why you are getting the “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” error are –
- Your Windows firewall is causing an obstruction and preventing QuickBooks from accessing the network.
- The firewall configuration settings need to be corrected.
- The QBDBMgrN has become outdated and needs to be updated.
- There is some damage to the .ND and .TLG files.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 1310
Addressing the Issues when QuickBooks Database Server Manager Keeps Stopping
If your QBDBMgrN is not running, follow these solutions to fix the issue effectively –
Solution 1 – Enable Multi-User Hosting on the Server
You need to check whether the multi-user hosting is turned on and if not, you need to enable it. A disabled hosting can lead to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped working issue.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and head over to the File
- Go to the Utilitiestab and find the Host Multi-User Access option in the drop-down menu.
- If you find the option, click on it and enable the hosting mode.
- However, if you find the Stop Hosting Multi-User Accessoption, then the hosting settings are correct and need not be modified.
Solution 2 – Disable Windows Firewall on a Temporary Basis
If the firewall is active, try to disable it temporarily to fix the QBDBMgrN not running issue.
- Search forFirewall in the Windows search box and open it.
- Select the option to temporarily disable it and choose a time duration.
- Once done, access your company file again and see if it’s opening.
Solution 3 – Perform a Database Server Restart
Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager by following the steps below –
- Open the Windows Runbox and type msc in the search box.
- Search for the QuickBooksDBXXservice, wherein XX ranges from 26 to 31.
- Right-click on the service and select Reboot to restart the service.
Solution 4 – Install Updates to Upgrade Your Firewall Settings
Install the latest firewall updates to fix the QuickBooks Database Server Manager not running issue.
- Open the Runcommand box and type Control Panel in the search box.
- Select System and Securityand navigate to Windows Firewall.
- Under the Update Your Firewall Settingstab, find the Check for Updates option and select it.
- Click Update Now and install the recent firewall updates.
If your QuickBooks Database Server Manager has stopped working, follow the steps provided above to fix the server manager. If the issue persists, you can reach out to us to perform advanced troubleshooting. Contact our team of experts at 1.855.738.2784.