QuickBooks is an advanced accounting software that is used by reputed companies globally. It is a reliable, feature-rich and affordable software.
Many errors occur while using the payroll tool in QuickBooks. QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 is one of them. This error arises when the user tries to access payroll subscription.
Users often get this error description on their system: “ERROR 30159- Unable to load account for PSID null: Entitlement is enabled, but Entitlement Unit is deactivated”.
If you are also getting the same error message, read this blog to get some easy techniques to eliminate this error.
Unable to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159? Contact our experts to find easy ways to eliminate this error. Dial 1-855-948-3646 for quick support.
Factors Responsible for the QuickBooks Error Message 30159
There are many factors responsible for the QuickBooks Error Message 30159. Some of them are listed below:
- If your payroll service subscription is not active, this error can occur. Furthermore, an incorrect service key can also trigger this error.
- It is possible that your QuickBooks desktop file (paysub.ini) is damaged or corrupt. It is one of the core factors behind this error.
- Another reason could be that the QB desktop version may be incompatible with your system.
You may read also : QuickBooks Update Error 15223
Mandatory Steps Before Resolving QB Error 30159
Before resolving QB Error 30159, you need to follow these steps:
- Ensure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks desktop on your computer.
- Download the latest payroll tax table updates.
Troubleshooting Techniques for QB Error Code 30159
QuickBooks Error Code 30159 can be easily rectified by the following methods:
Technique 1: Verification of the QB Desktop Payroll Subscription
- First of all, Restart your computer after closing all the company files.
- Now open your QuickBooks desktop and navigate to the ‘Employees’ tab.
- Select “My Payroll Service” and then “Manage Service Key” from the menu.
- Both “Status” and “Service Name” will show as “Active” for you.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ option to verify your service key number.
- If your service key number is incorrect, you should replace it with the correct service key number.
- You need to click the ‘Next’ tab and uncheck the ‘Open payroll setup’ box.
- Click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- This will get you the payroll updates on your QuickBooks.
If you still get the same error, move on to the following method.
Technique 2: Provide a new name to the paysub.ini File
To rename this file, follow these steps:
- Close the QB desktop on your computer.
- Now provide a new name to every paysub.ini file. For the renaming purpose, you may add an extra letter or number for each file.
- You can ensure that your payroll service is active by visiting the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Account Maintenance’ page.
The error should now be eliminated. If it still occurs, try the following method.
Technique 3: Resolve the error by clean installing the QB desktop in selective startup mode
- You should first make a backup copy of your QB company file.
- Tap the ‘Windows+R’ keys on the keyboard to open the ‘Run’ command.
- Write the word ‘msconfig’ in the required field and click on ‘OK.’
- Navigate to the ‘General’ tab and click on the option ‘Selective Startup’ and ‘Load System Services.’
- Navigate to the ‘Services’ tab and choose the option ‘Hide All Microsoft Services.’
- Click on the ‘Disable All’ option.
- You should now uncheck the ‘Hide All Microsoft Services’ checkbox.
- From the list of services, choose the checkbox for “Windows Installer”.
- Click on ‘OK’ option.
- Now restart the system.
- You can now clean install the QB desktop after your system opens.
This blog provided you a deep insight into the QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159. You learned the causes as well as various methods to eliminate this error. It is essential to follow all the steps in the proper sequence to get rid of this error.
If you require further assistance, feel free to reach out to our experts by dialling 1-855-948-3646.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102