QuickBooks is a well-equipped accounting and bookkeeping software that is trusted by thousands of companies worldwide. It is specially designed for small and medium-sized companies with a wide variety of tools.
Nevertheless, some technical errors do occur in the QuickBooks. The QuickBooks Update Error 15215 gets triggered while downloading the payroll updates. This is a tricky error that often leaves users very annoyed.
Generally, this error appears on the screen with the following description:
“Error 15215: Unable to verifydigital signature”
If you are also experiencing this error, do read this blog to get some effective solutions.
One of the best ways to eliminate QuickBooks Update Error 15215 is to consult with a certified specialist. Get in touch with our QuickBooks support team by dialling 1-855-948-3646 anytime, any day.
Root Causes of the QB Error Code 15215
Some of the main reasons for the QB Error Code 15215 are as follows:
- The most common reason for this error is the incorrect configuration of the Internet Explorer settings on the system.
- You may fail to download the payroll updates if some other program is running along with the QB desktop. This program may be consuming a lot of bandwidth.
- The firewall on your system can also block the downloading of the payroll updates thereby triggering this error.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
Effective Methods to Resolve the QB Error Message 15215
You can use these methods to resolve the QB Error Message 15215:
Method 1: Download the payroll updates by running the QB as an Admin user
- Go to the QB desktop icon on your system and perform right-click on it.
- You should now click on the ‘Run as Administrator’ tab.
- A message window will show up on your screen with the text ‘Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?’
- Hit the ‘Yes’ button on that window and download the latest payroll updates.
If the error is not resolved, move on to the next method.
Method 2: Rectify the error by ensuring that the Internet Explorer settings are correct
- You should first open the Internet Explorer browser on your computer and tap on the ‘gear icon’.
- Now navigate to the ‘Internet Options’ tab and click on it. You should proceed to hit the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab and ensure that the ‘Use TLS 1.0’ checkbox is checked while the ‘Use TLS 1.1’ and ‘Use TLS 1.2’ checkboxes are unchecked.
- You should now tap the ‘OK’ button and restart your computer.
- You can now download the payroll updates on your QB desktop.
If you find that the error persists, move on to the subsequent method.
Method 3:Eliminate the error by clean installing the QuickBooks in the selective startup mode
- You should hit the ‘Windows + R’ keys on the keyboard to open the Run command on your system.
- Now write the word ‘msconfig’ in the search box and press the ‘OK’ tab.
- You should now proceed to the ‘General’ tab in the window and make sure that the ‘Selective Startup’ and the ‘Load System Services’ checkboxes are checked.
- Proceed to the ‘Services’ tab and choose the ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ option in the window.
- Strike on the ‘Disable All’ button and make sure that the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox is unchecked.
- At the same time, make sure that the ‘Windows Installer’ checkbox is checked and tap the ‘OK’ button.
- Now you can restart your system and clean install the QB desktop on your computer.
This blog explained to you the QuickBooks Update Error 15215.You have now learnt the solutions of this error. It is essential to implement each solution in the correct sequence to eliminate this error.
For further technical help and support, feel free to dial 1-855-948-3646 to reach out to our QuickBooks Support Team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159