Due to mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, organizations may need to migrate from Office 365 to Office 365. When an organization undergoes a merger or divestiture, one of the most pressing concerns is migrating data from an old Office 365 tenant to a new or different Office 365 tenant. It entails migrating the user’s mailbox, One drive, domain, and other data. Microsoft, on the other hand, does not have a built-in option. As a result, we’ll provide an Office 365 to another account migration guide in this blog. This step-by-step guide will undoubtedly able assist you to migrate mailbox from Office 365 to Office 365.
Step-by-Step Migration Guide from Office 365 to Office 365
Migrate mailbox from Office 365 to Office 365 is divided into two stages: 1 – preparation and 2 – migration.
Stage 1: Office 365 Migration Tenant Preparation
We must first prepare Office 365 tenants (both source and destination) for a smooth migration without data loss before moving forward with the migration. In order to prepare for migration, the following steps must be completed.
1 – Domain Preparation: Reserve enough space in the destination Office 365 tenant for the entire data migration, and create user mailboxes in the destination tenant according to the source.
2 – Domain Verification: To migrate data from a source Office 365 tenant domain to a destination Office 365 destination domain, domain verification, and creation must be required.
3 – Schedule the Migration: Create a CSV file of user mailboxes that you want to migrate to the destination Office 365 tenant, and turn off directory sync for the source Office 365 tenant.
Following tenant preparation, we must proceed to the migration stage. This step-by-step Office 365 to Office 365 migration guide will provide you with the ideal migration solution.
Stage 2: How to Migrate Mailbox from Office 365 to Office 365 – A Step-by-Step Guide
Because Microsoft does not provide a method for performing this migration, we must rely on an automated migration tool to complete the task. We would like to recommend PCVITA Migrator to you. The tool is available for download as a trial version.
Firstly, This tool has a number of features that will assist you with the Office 365 to Office 365 migration process. Learn about the tool’s main features –
- Migrate emails, contacts, calendars, and documents from one Office, 365 tenants, to another.
- Data can be migrated from one Office 365 domain to another.
- To migrate specific data, use the date-based filter option.
- To create a mapping between source and destination users, use the Import CSV file option.
- Provides mailbox migration for all or a subset of users.
- Newly arrived data can be migrated using the delta migration option.
- Account-based priority migration is available.
- To create a mapping between Office 365 groups, use the group mapping option.
- It’s now time to use this tool to begin the migration.
Working Steps for Software
We’ll go over the tool steps to migrate mailbox from Office 365 to Office 365 in this article. To ensure a successful migration, follow the steps outlined below.
- Open the tool and choose Office 365 as both a source and a destination.
- Choose which items to transfer, such as emails, contacts, calendars, and documents.
- Depending on your needs, the tool provides Migrate Documents permissions and Use Group Mapping enable options. You can use the Date-based filter option to transfer only specific data.
- Use the Admin ID and Application ID to log in to the Office 365 source and destination tenants. Validate permissions by clicking the Validate button.
- Create a mapping between Office 365 source and destination user’s accounts by importing the mapping CSV file.
- Then, to verify permissions, click the validate button.
- To transfer data from one Office 365 to another, click the Start Migration button after validating permissions.
- The software will migrate the entire data from the source Office, 365 tenants, to another Office 365 tenant in a matter of minutes.
Third-Party Professional Software
The program is one of the few utilities that excels in its field. This tool does not require any technical knowledge or assistance to use. You can easily move Office 365 mailbox to another account using PCVITA software.
This Microsoft Office 365 migration tool is one of the best on the market. Many organizations and individuals use and recommend it. It has a user-friendly and convenient interface that makes it simple to use. On the other hand, this migration tool is easy to use even for non-technical users and beginners but Calendars, tasks, emails, contacts, and shared mailboxes will all be migrated. Shoviv Exchange Server Suite includes a number of user-friendly features.
Multiple Mailboxes can be Migrated:
In this paragraph, Users can export multiple Office 365 mailboxes to Office 365, Outlook PST, and Live Exchange Server mailboxes using this O365 migration tool. It has a user-friendly and convenient graphical user interface that makes this software accessible to everyone. Without any technical knowledge or setup, even non-technical and beginner users can achieve high-quality results.
Shows a Preview
There is a preview feature in this Office 365 email migration tool. Yet it gets the Office 365 mailboxes and shows them in a preview. Users can ensure that the data in the added mailbox is correct by previewing it prior to migration.
Option to Search
This software has a search feature that allows you to search for attachments based on attachment availability, date criteria, subject name, and sender name. Users can use the search option to look for a specific folder or email. This option saves users time and prevents them from scrolling endlessly to find a specific email.
Exporting in Stages
Users have access to an advanced Incremental export option with this O365 migration tool. Users can use this to resume an interrupted process and avoid duplication in the target location. This feature distinguishes this software from the competition.
Option to Filter
This O365 migration tool has a filter option that allows you to exclude or include specific items from the migration process. however, It allows users to filter items based on message class and message date (From-To) filters.
Advanced Folder mapping and email translation features are included in the software. Users can use the email translation feature to replace an incorrect email address with a valid one. Furthermore, the folder mapping feature is useful for exporting data from one folder to another.
This Office 365 to Office 365 migration guide will undoubtedly assist you in migrating user mailbox data from one Office 365 tenant to another. The lack of a manual method raises the demand for an automated migration tool, but you must choose the best tool for the job.
We have provided a step-by-step procedure for the perfect solution in this tutorial. You can easily transfer Office 365 tenant to another or new tenant by following the provided migration office 365 to office 365 step-by-step tutorial.