QuickBooks has simplified the payroll process for businesses which used to be a tedious task. The payroll includes managing the employee records and the punctual release of amounts every payday. QuickBooks handles everything smoothly and even stores the data to be used during tax submission. But, the users may face issues while updating the payroll service. QuickBooks Error 15241 emerges as an obstruction during the payroll update process and doesn’t let the process continue. If the payroll updates in your QuickBooks are also interrupted by this error, keep reading the blog for the potential reasons & solutions to this error.
Get in touch with a QB support team at 1.855.738.2784 for assistance in dealing with this issue.
About the error
This error in QuickBooks won’t let the payroll service update successfully. The software will face issues while downloading the payroll update file and is most likely to crash during the download process after displaying an error message, “The payroll update did not complete successfully…”. You need to get rid of this error as soon as possible to update your payroll in the software.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 1904
These issues with the payroll update occur due to the reasons listed below-
- The primary reason for the occurrence of this error is a disabled or unresponsive File Copy Service.
- Payroll subscription has expired, or QuickBooks doesn’t validate the renewal.
- A lousy internet connectivity can also be responsible for a failed payroll download.
The procedures to remove this error from QuickBooks are given underneath-
Solution 1- Enable the File Copy Service on your PC
The File Copy Service is used to execute any updates in the software and is responsible for transferring files required during the update. If this service is somehow disabled or may malfunction in the background, the payroll update will be affected, and the process will not complete. Refer to these steps for enabling the FCS service-
- First of all, close QuickBooks on your PC.
- Go to the search panel, and type ‘My computer’ or ‘This PC.’
- Once you see it in the search results, right-click on the icon and select
- Click on the Services & applications options on the left.
- Double-click on the Services
- Search Intuit QuickBooks FCS and double-click to open it.
- In the General tab, click on the Startup type option and select Manualfrom the drop-down list.
- Click Applyto save the settings.
- Click on Start, then Ok, and retry updating your payroll.
If the issues persist in the payroll update, move to the next method.
Solution 2- Use the QuickBooks tool hub for repairing the software
Download the latest version(126.96.36.199) of the QuickBooks Tool hub on your computer and follow the steps given below-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub on your computer.
- Click on the Program Problems tab and tap Quick Fix my programin the drop-down list.
- Let the tool repair the software and reopen QuickBooks after the process.
The payroll update will not develop any issue now.
We are near the end of our blog, which contains the details of QuickBooks Error 15241. You are now aware of the probable causes of this error and the methods you need to use to eliminate it from the software. We hope the blog assisted you with troubleshooting and your QuickBooks is error-free now.
If you face any issues while executing the methods, call 1.855.738.2784 to contact a QB professional.
Also read: How to Debug QuickBooks Event ID 4?