Medications of Non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus
Insulin word has become so common to our ears in this world where case of diabetes are increasing at high rate. Of course we all know that insulin is the main term related to diabetes. But do we know that there is a type of diabetes which does not depend on production of insulin? Some of us might be aware of this but majority of population is unaware of this.
Interpreting non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus
A genetically inherited metabolic disorder that is characterized by hyperglycemia with resistance to ketosis is known as non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (type 2 diabetes). This is usually seen to be developing in adults above 40 years of age. Patients suffering from it are usually obese, hyperlipidemic and hypertensive. This disease is caused primarily by combination defect of insulin production and insulin resistance. The non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus was renamed as type 2 diabetes. Nowadays it is found so common in young generation.
Prime source of non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus
- High amount of glucose from liver: Whenever liver senses blood sugar level to be low it produces glucose but when you eat the blood sugar goes up. Usually liver stores glucose but in cases it don’t and this causes diabetes.
- Ill communication between cells: In certain conditions cells send false signal and receive wrong messages. When this occurs with insulin production and its usage, a chain of reaction occurs which leads to diabetes.
- Passing of genes: The genes you get from your parents are also a prime reason leading to diabetes. Type-2 diabetes found in youngsters is mainly due to inheritance.
- Plumpness: Obesity is a situation in which body fat level increases, and this increase in fat level results into diabetes. This excess fat causes insulin resistance.
- Unhealthy routine: Sedentary lifestyle, improper meal plan and not doing physical activities can also lead to diabetes. This makes one obese and prone to diabetes.
What are difficulties caused due to non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus?
- A persistent Increase in blood sugar level of a person might lead to heart attack, angina and strokes as it makes blood vessels narrow and clogged.
- High diabetes usually affect kidney in severe ways. It may cause hinder to the functions of kidney.
- High amount of glucose levels cause nerve damage as it harms small blood vessels present in nerves.
- In many cases, when a percent has nerve damage in foot it causes foot ulcer.
How to treat topic non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus?
- At primary level treatment basically involves changes in lifestyle such as eating healthy, exercising daily and move out of sedentary behavior.
- If only changing life style does not help treating diabetes, then you must take
Medicines or tablets.
Glucobay 50 mg is an oral medicine prescribed by the doctor to a patient suffering from non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Glucobay 50 mg is basically used to control glucose level when diet, exercise and lifestyle changes have failed. The medicine slows down the digestion process, which slowly releases the sugar from food into the bloodstream. It controls the sudden rise in blood glucose.
Doctors feel that keeping a constant watch on blood glucose levels is essential to keep diabetes under control. The impact of the dose increases when it is used along with a healthy diet and exercises. Anyone who is prescribed the medicines is also advised to regularly monitor blood glucose levels during the medication process. Glucobay 50mg must be used after consulting doctor. The selection of the right dose is important step in the proper management of diabetes.
In addition to slowing down the digestion process, the medicine ensures that there is no sudden increase in blood sugar levels in the bloodstream. Doctors also suggest a healthy diet and some exercises to better manage diabetes. It has been observed that people with focus on healthy diet and exercise are able to keep the blood sugar levels down. But medicines should not be neglected even if there are some minor side effects.
Side effects may include
- Bloating or gas
- Stomach pain
- Pale colored eyes
Sildenafil citrate 150mg is used to treat erectile dysfunction, which is one of the side effects of diabetes. A high fat meal must not be taken before after taking this medicine.
It is an oral medicine and its normal dosage is 100mg but in case it fails to treat sildenafil citrate 150mg is used. Sildenafil 150 mg should only be taken on doctor’s advice since it is prescribed only for severe erection issues. Diabetes patients who are using diabetes medicines should avoid mixing these two medicines, as mixing leads to reaction. It could also impact erection process. Also diabetes patients need to keep diabetes under control to improve erection process naturally.
Side effects of sildenafil may include
- Blurred vision
Diet chart for person suffering from non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus
1st meal plan
- Breakfast: One boiled egg, half a spoon of avocado spread on brown bread.
- Lunch: A Mexican bowl that has tomatoes, spinach, bell pepper, cheese and salsa sauce.
- Snack: 20 gram of baby carrot with humus.
- Dinner: 1 whole cup of lentil pasta containing vegetables.
2nd meal plan
- Breakfast: Have apple pie oatmeal and Greek yogurt.
- Lunch: Eat turkey cranberry wraps.
- Dinner: Cilantro-lime tilapia with spinach and tomatoes
3rd meal plan
- Breakfast: Consume a smoothie.
- Lunch: Have a healthy spinach tomato recipe.
- Dinner: Grilled turkey burgers
Non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus is a diseasewhich increases the risk of fatal diseases and decreases life span of a person. Therefore it is very important to ensure that you take necessary steps to prevent it.
Have regular checkups if your family members have it.And it ismandatory to maintain a healthy lifestyle to treat non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus.
If you see any of the symptoms, go directly and consult a doctor. Treat it before it turns into fatal condition. If you are suffering from it ensure that you take medicines regularly and maintain a healthy and active life style.